Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
There are no requests for proposals at this time.
Part-Time Office Coordinator, Database Manager, and Front Desk Educator
Eco-Cycle is looking to hire a part-time office coordinator, database manager, and front desk educator to work closely with the Executive Director in helping the office run smoothly and be the interface of Eco-Cycle with the public. The selected candidate will be a “people person” who is committed to the goals and programs of Eco-Cycle and to conveying them to the public on the phone and at the front desk. This person will also be responsible for overseeing the physical office space, managing the membership and donor database, and supporting staff with mailings, vendors and other projects. The office coordinator will be an integral part of the Eco-Cycle team and responsible for working with co-workers to help create and implement systems to make the office function well.
Hours: 24 hours/week [3 full 8 hour-days (Mon, Tues, and Fri from 9-5), plus occasionally a few extra hours as needed]
Roles and Responsibilities:
Office Management: The Office Coordinator makes sure the office runs smoothly for all, including:
• Helps monitor, discover and support ways for office and staff to operate more environmentally-sustainably (e.g. manages bike to work day, ensures all purchases and practices for the office comply with our environmental purchasing policy, creates energy saving culture, etc.);
• Monitors and orders/reorders supplies and places reprint orders for the entire office;
• Makes sure all printers/copiers are in working order;
• Manages and create accounts for businesses and services we use often, including seeking non-profit discounts, and is the keeper of the office checkbook;
• Oversees our cleaning contract and makes sure the office is well maintained, pitching in as needed to make sure office is well-kept;
• Conducts daily mail run from our 6400 Arapahoe to 63rd street facility;
• Helps track staff schedules;
• Scans documents for anyone in the office who needs something scanned;
• Monitors front office public materials, making sure all literature is stocked and up-to-date.
Database & Fundraising support: The Office Coordinator works closely with the E.D. and staff to actively support fundraising activities, including:
• Maintains, updates, and runs regular reports/inquiries from the donor and volunteer database;
• Manages, prints, and mails annual ask and timely thank-you letters; and
• Oversees and tracks donations to ensure they are entered into database, that employer matching funds are released, and troubleshoots as necessary to ensure nothing falls between cracks.
The Voice & Face of Eco-Cycle: The Office Coordinator manages the front desk and is the public interface for the organization, playing a critical role in advancing Eco-Cycle’s mission and image:
• Answers questions from the public through Eco-Cycle’s Zero Waste hotline, on average 10,000 calls per year—while the staffer may not have all the answers, s/he is the public’s liaison to get the Zero Waste answers they seek and takes initiative to do so; and • Creates a positive tone for the office—both internally and externally—as the first person who greets people walking in the door and answering phones.
The Resource, Keeper and Distributor of Information: The Office Coordinator becomes an expert on zero waste information, always staying on top of new and updated recycling guidelines and services:
• Checks local media each day and distributes relevant articles and ads to staff first thing in the morning, and maintains Eco-Cycle’s press archives;
• Monitors recycling updates and frequently-asked tough or complex questions, compiles answers in one document (with input from experts on staff), and shares regularly with other staff;
• Compiles timely and/or seasonal info about services and community programs such as fall leaf or Christmas tree collections and circulates within organization; and • Monitors website for any updates needed and relays info to Communications staff
• Keeps the A-Z Guide updated, receives incoming edits, makes regular outgoing calls to make sure current listings are up-to-date and updates the guide online.
Assistant to Executive Director: The Office Coordinator supports the Executive Director by: • Providing administrative duties related to the board, including compiling the board packet; coordinating meeting announcements and food purchases for board meetings; and attending and taking minutes at all Board meetings (two-hour evening meetings every two months); • Providing administrative support generally to the E.D. and other managers such as drafting basic letters, helping with mailings, scheduling meetings, and tackling special projects as needed; and • Arranges the annual Holiday Party, and pitches in to help with organizing other Eco-Cycle events.
- Campaigns Team Member: The Office Coordinator, as a Front Desk Educator, participates with the Campaigns Team in supporting their outreach efforts: • Attends weekly Campaigns Team Meetings to see how they can help provide administrative support to campaign work; • Attends and takes notes at monthly Team Meetings; and • Assists Campaigns Team with distribution of Eco-Cycle Times.
- Great public engagement skills (on phone and in person); interested in helping the public and others in the office; contributes to a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Able to work well with the Executive Director and others in the office; takes responsibility for helping organization run smoothly; is a team player willing to pitch in where necessary.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); willing and able to take on projects such as updating database and website, editing of letters, and interacting with vendors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs; able to use membership database (or willing to be trained); basic knowledge of web, internet and social media. Experience with Sales Force and Constant Contact a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; good at multi-tasking, juggling various projects, and following through on tasks.
- Independent and self-motivated; a self-starter who enjoys taking the initiative and helping to problem-solve with others.
- Committed and passionate about helping to create social change for the good of the environment and the local and global community, and whose lifestyle reflects an environmental ethic.
- Familiarity with Boulder County and recycling/zero waste issues a plus. Benefits: • Salary is competitive with local non-profits and includes health and dental insurance, vacation and other benefits.
Eco-Cycle seeks a new addition to our accounting team. This is a 20-30 hour per week position, with benefits. The position reports to our Accounting Director and is housed at the Boulder County Recycling Center. To apply, see below.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronics transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Prepare 1099 at year end
- Pick up mail
- Be a backup person for accounts receivable (bank deposits)
- Prepare BCRC monthly reports
- Customer services
- Assist with other projects as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures (GAPP)
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- 3+ years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Minimum of two (2) year of Associate degree in Accounting preferred
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Stress tolerance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS:
20-30 hours per week with benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Recycling Route Driver (Boulder County)
Eco-Cycle is accepting applications for a (class B) Recycling Route Driver position. (CDL-B)
Eco-Cycle is looking for a full-time driver for routes in Boulder County. As one of the country's leading non-profit recyclers, we offer a competitive salary and benefits after 90 days. Salary based on experience.
Routes run Tues. - Sat. Must be familiar with Boulder County and not afraid to get dirty! Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and push and pull heavy dumpsters is required.
If you're willing to support our mission and represent our goals in action, respond to this posting.
Must have VALID CDL- B license and a clean driving record! You may be asked to provide a current Motor Vehicle Record.
Qualified Applicants ONLY may contact Rodger at Eco-Cycle. You must complete our Driver Application. See also: https://www.ecocycle.org and http://ecocycle.org/careers to find out more about what an awesome, environmental non-profit Eco-Cycle is!
Maintenance Welder/Mechanic – Boulder, CO
Eco-Cycle requires a permanent, full-time Maintenance Welder/Helper to support the maintenance department in their aim to efficiently maintain equipment and facilities. The position is based in Boulder County. The ideal candidate will possess a positive frame of mind, cooperative team approach, and the ability to function well within a diverse maintenance team. Additional characteristic skills include a proactive and adaptive approach towards managing maintenance projects, proper attendance, and dependability. Being bilingual in Spanish is extremely helpful and a positive asset.
The key element to this position is maintaining and repairing processing equipment using knowledge of mechanical assembly, preventive maintenance, and welding skills to assure optimal operation.This role will work the second shift from 3:30pm to 12:00am with occasional overtime, supporting the company’s senior maintenance staff as required.
Complete intermediate level welding and maintenance work requiring welding with good precision
Experience in industrial maintenance fieldwith the ability to work on repairing processing equipment, conveyor belts, and hydraulic equipment.
Preventive Maintenance and repair assistance with forklifts, skid steer, and front loaders.
Provide general help to (Mechanics, Welders, etc.) in their efforts to maintain company equipment and vehicles
Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance documentation and maintenance log.
Maintain the general cleanup of shop area and assist with cleanup projects as needed.
Required to work overtime hours, one or two Saturdays per month as needed.
At least 2-5 years of diverse welding experience on various sized equipment and materials, including fabrication and adjustment related welding
Extensive experience maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment such as cars, light trucks and/or heavy equipment. Must be capable of conducting basic repairs and be able to take direction from red seal mechanics on tasks
Experienced with metal fabrication and adjustment
Sound knowledge of mechanical machinery and the tools used to maintain them
Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
Ability to operate small and large equipment such as forklifts, skid steer loaders and a man lift is an asset.
The right candidate must be physically fit, able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time, lifting up to 40lbs, and navigating repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND WAGE:
Working in an industrial plant with Indoor and outdoor conditions throughout the year in Boulder, Co
Second shift hours from 3:30pm to 12:00am, M-F
Starting Wage: $16 - $18 per hour (depending on experience) one or two Saturdays per month required with eligibility for overtime work based on employment standards rates
Eligible for benefits after 3 months of service
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your resume to Eco-Cycle's General Mailbox with “Maintenance-Welder-Mechanic” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by Leadpoint USA. Please contact them for current openings.
Leadpoint USA: www.leadpointusa.com, 1-800-552-3136