Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Eco-Cycle Communications/Marketing Manager
Eco-Cycle seeks a communications/marketing manager to help educate and mobilize our community toward Zero Waste. Successful candidate will be a passionate environmentalist, have exceptional writing, grammar, editing and speaking skills, as well as a strong sense of effective design for print and web. Experience in advocacy/campaign work preferred. Minimum 5 years as a project leader with significant results, strategic communications planning, community relationship building, print and web design oversight, press relations, and supervisory experience. A sense of humor is a must. Fundraising a plus. Knowledge of InDesign and other design software extremely helpful, but not required.
This is a full-time position, with full benefits, which reports to the Executive Director, with directional support from the Eco-Cycle International Media Director. Major roles and responsibilities include:
- Relationship development and management with local Zero Waste community stakeholders
- Creation, facilitation and oversight of communications strategic plan, which includes managing press, social media, website updates, events, print media, presentations, etc.
- Zero Waste messaging coordination
- Communications support for each Eco-Cycle department
- Editing, both content and copy
- Oversight of the production of Eco-Cycle collateral, including brochures, newsletters, signage, etc.
- Press: Serve as Eco-Cycle’s primary press contact, responsible for creating and implementing a proactive press strategy and cultivating media relations
- Single-stream recycling campaign coordination
- Website oversight
- Fundraising support
Zero Waste Business Program and Sales Rep.
Eco-Cycle is seeking an employee to provide program fulfillment, sales, customer service and administrative support to our business services department.
Hours: This is a full-time, hourly position. Hours are generally 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, but flexibility is required.
Benefits: Full benefits, including health, after three months.
- Candidate must be passionate about environmental conservation both in personal practice and in philosophy.
- Experience in customer service, sales and public speaking required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Marketing, program development, event planning, bilingual (Spanish/English) skills, and/or administrative support preferred.
- Experience with Access preferred.
CDL-B Recycling Route Driver (Boulder County)
Eco-Cycle is looking for a full-time driver for routes in Boulder County. As one of the country's leading non-profit recyclers, we offer a competitive salary and benefits after 90 days. Salary based on experience.
Routes run Mon. - Fri., some Saturdays. Must be familiar with Boulder County and not afraid to get dirty! Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and push and pull heavy dumpsters is required.
If you're willing to support our mission and represent our goals in action, apply in person at 6400 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder. Please bring current MVR.
Must have VALID CDL-B and a clean driving record!
Eco-Cycle seeks a maintenance mechanic to troubleshoot and repair processing equipment for a large recycling center in Boulder. The right individual will need to have experience with troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment and system issues, and be able to work safely in and around processing equipment, perform field inspections, and create maintenance reports.
Candidates must be physically able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time and navigate repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements. Must be a self starter who is able to manage time and responsibilities. This is generally a semi-supervised position, so self-motivation and dedication to completing tasks is a must.
Able to work on and troubleshoot hydraulic equipment.
Welding and light fabrication as needed.
Able to conduct repairs on processing equipment, conveyors, forklifts, skid steer, and front loader.
Able to communicate with equipment technicians and vendors.
Able to coordinate and inspect a preventive maintenance program.
Able to work in a team motivated environment.
Basic computer skills, MS Word and MS Excel are helpful but not a must.
Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, and lift items up to 40 (+) pounds.
Organize maintenance shop and secure maintenance equipment in order to promote efficient, safe, and secure operations.
Maybe called on after hours in case of emergency.
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Work hours may require overtime, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Valid driver’s license.
Work at the Boulder County Recycling Center
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by this company. Please contact them for current openings.
Leadpoint USA: www.leadpointusa.com, 1-800-552-3136
Profile cutting-edge Zero Waste programs
Farmers’ Market Zero Waste Coordinator Unpaid Internship
Eco-Cycle, a recycling and Zero Waste non-profit based in Boulder County, is looking for two Farmers’ Market Volunteer Coordinators to help coordinate volunteers for the Boulder and Longmont Farmers’ Markets. Volunteer Coordinators will work closely with the Boulder and Longmont Campaigns Coordinators to get individuals, as well as groups and organizations signed up and excited to volunteer for Zero Waste at the Farmers’ Market. The Volunteer Coordinators will also assist in Zero Waste outreach, community campaigns, and social media support. This resume building opportunity will give you great hands on experience in environmental sustainability and provide a great education in Zero Waste, while developing your interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Organizing and coordinating volunteers for the Boulder and Longmont Farmers’ Markets;
· Training volunteers in the ways of Zero Waste;
· Engaging in educational conversation about Zero Waste;
· Assisting Farmers’ Market goers in resource recovery;
· Providing social media support at the Boulder and Longmont Farmers’ Markets;
The Farmers’ Market Volunteer Coordinators will work at the Boulder and Longmont Farmers’ Markets on Saturdays starting the first Saturday in June, through the third Saturday in August. Volunteer coordination work in between Farmers’ Markets is variable.
We are looking for hard-working, dedicated individuals with a passion for Zero Waste and the environment. Qualified candidates have the ability to work in a relaxed environment, have great organizational skills, excellent people skills, and an outgoing personality.