Engage your community in generating clean compost discards from businesses and residents.
Compost haulers and municipalities all along the Front Range of Colorado are working together with regional compost manufacturer A1 Organics to ensure organic materials collected from businesses and residents are clean enough to create a high-quality, CLEAN compost product. We’re all in this together with the goal of keeping food scraps and plant & yard trimmings out of the landfill to prevent harmful methane emissions while creating a valuable soil amendment to build healthy soils that absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, reduce water and chemical use, and grow nutritious foods.
As we each do our part to clean up the compost stream coming from municipalities, there’s no need to recreate the wheel! We are pooling resources—signage, guidelines, newsletter announcements, social media posts, graphics—for use by all!
Keep coming back to this page as we will continue to upload new resources over the year to help us all KEEP COMPOST CLEAN!
- Not seeing what you need? Reach out to us and let us know what tool or resource would be useful.
Need help customizing materials? We can help! Contact [email protected].
- Want to help support this work financially? Eco-Cycle is not funded to provide this help to municipalities and haulers, so we appreciate your support! Donate to Eco-Cycle today.
What’s included in the Clean Compost Campaign Toolkit?
New Compost Guidelines
(Download and insert your logo and contact information)
- Guidelines for residents, bilingual (includes food scraps and plant & yard trimmings)
- Guidelines for restaurants, grocery stores, and other food-centered businesses, bilingual (includes waxed cardboard as a “no”)
- Guidelines for offices and businesses who are not large food generators, bilingual (does not include waxed cardboard boxes as a “no”)
Bin/Dumpster Sticker Signage
- Food only with yes/no graphics, English (10 in x 4in)
- Food only with yes/no graphics, Spanish (10 in x 4 in)
- Food only bilingual sticker, (20 in x 8 in)
- Food & Yard Trimmings only, bilingual (15 in x 4 in)
- Dumpster label, Food only, bilingual
Graphics/photos to supplement your message
Social Media Post Ideas