Click here to download the Environmental Educator job description!
Eco-Cycle, administrator of the award-winning School Recycling and Environmental Education Program, is seeking an environmental educator for presentations on a wide variety of environmental topics in PK–12th grade classrooms and field trips. Educators are expected to deliver high-quality educational experiences to students and staff, based on established curriculum, in a positive and professional manner, and to contribute daily to the operations and maintenance tasks needed to support the program. (A full description of the program is available on Eco-Cycle’s website at https://ecocycle.org/schools.) The current opening is for a full-time environmental educator, with benefits. To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Eco-Cycle School Program, PO Box 19006, Boulder, CO 80308, or via email to [email protected]. Application deadline: July 28, 2023.
1. Daily presentations on a wide variety of environmental topics for PK–12th grade students in classrooms and field trips in Boulder Valley School District, St. Vrain Valley School District, and the City/County of Broomfield.
2. Additional supports, which may include:
a. surveys, web research, and email outreach;
b. preparation of materials including reports, fliers, letters, and emails;
c. monitoring school progress in collection of recyclables and compostables;
d. tabling, lunchroom monitoring, and other outreach and support of schools;
e. processing used books for the Children’s Used Book Project;
f. assistance and coordination of special projects, as needed.
3. Miscellaneous duties such as purchasing supplies, delivering materials to schools, maintenance, and cleaning of program equipment.
· College degree or equivalent experience
· Experience teaching in a classroom setting with students of differing abilities and diverse backgrounds
· Demonstrated dedication to the environment and sustainability
· Passionate about working with children, across a wide range of ages
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with adults and children
· Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google
· Strong organizational skills, flexibility, ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
· Comfortable occasionally wearing costumes, including an elf, vampire, and a superhero
· Possess a reliable vehicle to provide own transport to schools (mileage paid)
· Ability to work Monday-Friday with some occasional night and weekend hours
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying materials up and down stairs, transferring materials in and out of a car or other vehicle
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) encouraged to apply
This is an hourly position, 40 hours/week mid-August through May annually, with a starting rate of $18.00/hr plus benefits.
(Leave without pay June through mid-August)
· Paid time off, including vacation and sick leave
· Paid holidays
· Mileage reimbursement for daily use of personal vehicle to give presentations and make deliveries to schools
· Employer match for health/dental insurance and 403b retirement savings
· Employer paid life and disability insurance
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.