Eco-Cycle, one of the oldest and largest nonprofit recyclers and a pioneer in the Zero Waste movement, is seeking a Maintenance Manager at the Boulder County Recycling Center MRF in Boulder, CO, per our contract with Boulder County.
Click here to download the Maintenance Manager job description!
Employee Title: Materials Recovery Facility Maintenance Manager
Employee Status: Full-time, salary, with competitive benefits package
Reports To: Operations Director
Supervises: Day and evening shift maintenance crews
Compensation: $85K – $100K annual salary depending on qualifications and experience
General Job Description: Eco-Cycle’s MRF Maintenance Manager is a seasoned maintenance professional who oversees the preventative maintenance and repair programs and unscheduled facility maintenance and repairs on all processing equipment and systems at the Boulder County Recycling Center MRF. They track and record all maintenance activities and expenditures through our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) with a focus on aligning preventative maintenance schedules and completed maintenance activities. They are responsible for managing the maintenance team, scheduling, and supervising maintenance personal, as well as working with outside vendors, technical support personnel, equipment representatives, outside contractors and Boulder County personnel to facilitate plant activity. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for spare parts procurement and inventory control and manages the maintenance shop. They oversee the company safety program with maintenance teams. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Oversees daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual PM program for all processing equipment, rolling stock, building, and facility support equipment.
• Supervise and train maintenance staff, mechanic apprentices, and associated maintenance teams.
• Performs industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on processing equipment and support systems such as conveyor belts, motorized screening equipment, optical sorting equipment, robotic equipment and balers to minimize production downtime.
• Oversees maintenance organization through CMMS computerized maintenance management system: o Implement OEM recommended preventative maintenance for all processing equipment.
• Record and track all repair and maintenance activities and expenditures.
• Track and organize purchase request forms, purchase orders and invoices.
• Order and organize spare parts and maintain spare parts inventory.
• Complete all required maintenance reports.
• Keep active, up-to-date repair and maintenance files for each major equipment.
• Organize work schedules and job hours.
• Communicate regularly with the MRF Operations Director and Production Manager regarding equipment operation, maintenance, and repair status.
• Maintain security for the maintenance shop, tools, and equipment.
• Oversee and ensure plant lockup procedures to secure the facility after hours.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in repairing machinery and large industrial equipment is required.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and fully utilize our computerized maintenance management system.
• Competency with standard office computer applications.
• Familiarity with mechanical drawings and CAD software.
• A strong technical, hardware or field engineer/technician background with practical experience.
• Proven welding, equipment assembly, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot processing equipment, forklifts, skid steers, and industrial mobile equipment.
• Extremely resourceful – known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
• Must be a good communicator. Being bilingual in Spanish is a significant plus, but not required.
• Must possess or pass the OSHA 30-Hour General Industry safety training course
The Maintenance Manager will need to flex their schedule between first shift and second shift, with some work time during normal business hours to facilitate parts procurement and interaction with dayshift supervisors. They are required to be on call for any necessary breakdown and work during some Saturdays as required by the maintenance schedule.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• 403 (b) retirement plan with 3% match
• Accrued vacation, sick, 1 PTO, and 6 paid holidays
• Eco Pass to ride local and regional buses and trains for free.
Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Maintenance Manager” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.