Recycling in Allenspark
Location: Off County Rd. 84 & State Hwy. 7. View a Map.
Summer Hours: Mon. and Fri. 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Wed. 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Sat. and Sun. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Winter Hours: Mon., Wed., and Fri. 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Sat. and Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The following materials are accepted at the drop-off center:
Please rinse containers. Do not flatten or crush.
- Glass bottles and jars of any color (please avoid breaking glass)
- Aluminum cans (Do not crush or flatten cans.)
- Aluminum pie pans and aluminum foil (Ball all aluminum foil together into one large ball 2" or larger. No small, balled-up foil please.)
- Steel (tin) cans
- Metal jar lids
- Metal bottle caps
- Empty aerosol cans (no caps)
- Paper milk cartons/drink boxes/juice cartons
- Plastic bottles and jugs with a #1 or #2 on the bottom (OK to replace caps on EMPTY plastic bottles)
- Plastic screw-top jars with a #1 on the bottom (OK to replace caps on EMPTY plastic jars)
- Plastic tubs & cups with a #2 or #5 on the bottom. (No lids.)
Office Paper/Opened Mail
- Blueprints, brochures, computer printouts, file folders, fax paper, greeting cards, letterhead, pamphlets, pastel colored legal pad paper, slick/glossy ads & brochures, stationery letters, white ream wrappers, white & pastel-colored paper, white & pastel-colored envelopes (windows envelopes OK)
Newspaper and newspaper inserts
- NO bags or string
- Larger single-layer boxes, such as: cereal boxes (throw away inside bag), gift/shirt boxes, shoe boxes, 6-pack & 12-pack cartons/boxes.
- paper materials only; no shredded plastic cards
Corrugated Cardboard and Brown Paper Bags
Please flatten boxes.