Recycling in Erie
Recycling services in Erie are provided by the trash haulers that service the area. Contact your trash provider for information on the services available and guidelines for what materials are accepted.
Location: 1000 Briggs Street (north of downtown and adjacent to the South Water Reclamation Facility).
Hours: Open 24 hours.
The following materials are accepted at the drop-off center:
Please rinse containers. Do not flatten or crush.
- Glass bottles and jars of any color (please avoid breaking glass)
- Aluminum cans (Do not crush or flatten cans.)
- Aluminum pie pans and aluminum foil (Ball all aluminum foil together into one large ball 2" or larger. No small, balled-up foil please.)
- Steel (tin) cans
- Metal jar lids
- Metal bottle caps
- Empty aerosol cans (no caps)
- Paper milk cartons/drink boxes/juice cartons
- Plastic bottles and jugs with a #1 or #2 on the bottom (OK to replace caps on EMPTY plastic bottles)
- Plastic screw-top jars with a #1 on the bottom (OK to replace caps on EMPTY plastic jars)
Office Paper/Opened Mail
- Blueprints, brochures, computer printouts, file folders, fax paper, greeting cards, letterhead, pamphlets, pastel colored legal pad paper, slick/glossy ads & brochures, stationery letters, white ream wrappers, white & pastel-colored paper, white & pastel-colored envelopes (windows envelopes OK)
Newspaper and newspaper inserts
- NO bags or string
- Larger single-layer boxes, such as: cereal boxes (throw away inside bag), gift/shirt boxes, shoe boxes, 6-pack & 12-pack cartons/boxes.