Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Eco-Cycle seeks a full-time Accounts Payable Coordinator to administer finances for the Boulder County Recycling Center as well as the entire Eco-Cycle organization.
Employee Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Reports To: Accounting Director
Compensation: Hourly wage $23 - $26 per hour, depending on experience and skills
General accounting responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Coordinator include:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code, and match invoices
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Prepare 1099 at year’s end
- Deliver and pick up mail
- Be a backup person for accounts receivable (bank deposits and apply payments)
- Assist with other projects as needed
Additional responsibilities include
- Provide specific accounting assistance to the Eco-Cycle Operations Director of the Boulder County Recycling Center as requested (e.g., running reports, trouble-shooting invoices, tracking expenses)
- Work with Eco-Cycle Department Directors to manage and resolve accounts payable issues
- Provide customer service to visitors, vendors, and Eco-Cycle staff
- Greet and direct office visitors
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures (GAPP)
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software, in particular QuickBooks
- 3+years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Minimum of two-year associates degree in accounting
Expectations and Qualifications
Expectations of the Accounts Payable Coordinator include:
- Must be organized and able to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Must have good attention to detail and accuracy
- Needs to be able to meet deadlines and have stress management skills
- Must have good judgement and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have excellent customer services skills for both internal and external “customers”
- Needs to have a good, collaborative attitude
- Must be able to work independently but also as part of a team with the Accounting Director and other
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The position is a full-time position for 40 hours per week, generally from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm although a more flexible schedule is possible. The compensation range is $23 - 26 per hour, depending on experience, plus benefits.
- Eco Pass to ride local and regional buses and trains for free.
- Paid Time Off: Regular part-time employees who work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for pro-rated paid time off benefits proportional to the number of hours worked per week.
- Six paid holidays for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas, plus one paid Personal Day off per year (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Vacation: Accrued from the 1st day of working though can’t be taken until after 90 days. Less than 24 months=10 days per year; 24 months to 59 months=15 days per year; 60 months and over=20 days per year.
- Sick Leave: Accrued from the 1st day of working, though can’t be used until after 90 days. For part-time employees working 20 hours/week or more, pro-rated based on 48 hours/year.
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption Leave: 2 weeks of full pay for full-time and pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Health Benefits : Begin after 60 days period, for full-time or part-time (20 hours/week or more) only.
- Health insurance: Employee pays 15% of premium cost.
- Dental: Employee pays 15% of premium cost.
- Vision: Employee pays full cost.
- Life/Short Term/Long Term disability: Employer pays.
- Retirement Benefits: Begin to accrue after 1 year of employment.
- 403(b) retirement plan: Employer will match up to 3% after employee is eligible.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by 5280 Staffing Solutions. Please contact them for current openings.
5280 Staffing Solutions: https://www.5280staffing.com/, 720-600-4528.
In addition, Eco-Cycle offers a variety of ongoing internships opportunities in several areas of our work. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more about other opportunities or in creating your own program.